When We Are Closed
- If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111
- If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
- Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
- NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
When to call 111
You should call 111 when:
· you think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
· your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
· you don’t know who to call for medical help.
For more information about NHS 111, please read the frequently asked questions
When to call 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
· Major accident or trauma
· Severe breathlessness
· Severe bleeding
· Loss of consciousness
· Severe chest pain.