|Service Type||Service times|
Doctor appointment times available
8.10am to 17.40pm. We also offer a late night surgery on a Tuesday between 6.30pm to 8pm and every Saturday morning 8.30am to 11am
Nurse appointment times available
Monday to Friday 8am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 5.30pm (except Tuesday afternoon)
Nurse Practitioner times available
8am to 5.30pm
Health Care Assistant times available (for Blood Tests, Electrocardiogram (ECG), etc.)
8.15am to 12.30pm everyday; Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 2pm to 5.30pm
Telephone advice with Doctor
Available daily Monday to Friday
Telephone after 2pm.
If you feel you need a home visit please contact us before 10am if possible.
Antenatal Clinics with Midwife
Monday and Friday
These can usually be arranged. Please contact the receptionist who will pass your request onto the Doctor.
Baby Vaccination clinic
Appointments are held with the Practice Nurse, please discuss with the receptionist.
Mondays to Thursday referral by GP.
Tuesday afternoons referral by clinician.
This clinic takes place once a month on a Friday 4.30pm to 5.30pm.
Asthmatic patients will be sent an appointment during the course of the year or alternatively will be sent an asthma questionnaire. Under 16 year olds will be sent an appointment.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
If you suffer from COPD you will be sent an annual appointment for a spirometry test and COPD check.
We strongly advise immunisation for all children. If in doubt, please ask your health visitor or doctor about this. Also, see Immunisations for further information.
We support the local cervical smear screening programme and recommend that all women between the ages of 25 to 65 attend for screening. This test can be performed by our practice nurse, or at a local family planning clinic.
What is cervical screening?
Patients who find it difficult to get an appointment at the practice because of work, appointments are available out of hours at STAR or a family planning clinic.
The Aims of the Nurse Practitioner Service are:
- To provide a “same day” appointment for patients seeking urgent non life threatening treatment.
- More choice for patient’s thus increasing patient satisfaction.
- Ensures patients receive appropriate access to treatment.
- Patients ringing the surgery for an on the day appointment will be routinely offered an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner.
- The receptionist may ask the nature of the illness to ensure the patients sees the appropriate healthcare professional.
- The Nurse Practitioner is able to prescribe. We will be monitoring demand for these appointments.
Our Practice Nurses are available by appointment for the following:
- Minor injuries and dressings
- Contraceptive advice and pill checks
- Cervical smears
- Travel advice including vaccinations. Please book appointments 6 to 8 weeks before your planned holiday!
- Smoking cessation advice. Our nurses can help and support you.
- Chronic conditions. Our nurses offer monitoring checks and advice for a variety of chronic conditions including Diabetes, Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Heart Disease.
Our Healthcare Assistants provide the following:
- Blood tests, Blood Pressure monitoring, Electrocardiograms (ECGs), dressings and basic health checks as well as providing support for the practice nurses and doctors as required.
- Administer pneumococcal injections and also offers support with smoking cessation and weight management.
We are a Veteran Friendly Accredited GP Practice. This means we have a dedicated Clinician who has a specialist knowledge of service related health conditions and veteran specific health services. This is important in helping Veterans to get the best care and treatment.
Stopping smoking is the single most important step you can take to reduce the risk of having a heart attack and live longer.
So if you have made that all important decision to stop smoking WELL DONE! You are more likely to have a successful quit with help from local stop
See our list of local Pharmacies who provide a smoking cessation service.
Patients can self refer.
Our practice nurses offer a comprehensive advice and vaccination service for travelling abroad. See Travel Health and Immunisations for further information.
Some travel vaccinations are not available on the NHS but can be provided. Charges are available from reception.